Cookies & Local Storage Policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. The term “cookie” is used in this Cookie Statement in the broad sense to include cookies and all similar techniques and technologies, including web beacons. Web beacons (sometimes called "tracking pixels" or "clear gifs") are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to renpmcognize when someone has visited our Online Properties or taken an action in relation to our Online Properties.
Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, zero2hero.ltd) are called first-party cookies. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called "third-party cookies." Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g., advertising, interactive content, and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites. For more information on cookies, go to allaboutcookies.org.
zero2hero.ltd uses first- and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Online Properties to operate, and we refer to these as "essential" or"strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies enable us to better understand your use of our Online Properties, to track and target the interests of our Users, and to enhance the experience of Users on our Online Properties. Third parties serve cookies through our Online Properties for advertising, analytics, and other purposes.
What is local storage?
Local storage is a file created by a website on your device. Cookies are just one type of local storage, but there are others. It is important that you know them so you can block them or delete the data stored by them:
- Browser local storage. Some websites use the 'browser's' "sessionStorage" and "localStorage to store"data; "sessionStorage" is stored temporarily, but the “localStorage” is persistent. 'You may erase them by deleting your browser's' history.
- Flash local storage ("Flash Local Shared Objects"). Flash is a browser plug-in used to add Interactive and multimedia content to websites. Flash can store data in your device.
- Silverlight local storage ("Isolated Objects"). Silverlight is a browser plug-in used to add Interactive and multimedia content to websites. Silverlight can store data in your device.
- A web beacon is a tracking method that consists of an image embedded into a website. When your browser connects to the server where the image is located to download it, your access is tracked. Sometimes web beacons are very small or transparent images so the user is not aware of them
Types of cookies we use
These cookies are created by zero2hero.ltd. They are primarily used to allow you to browse our Online Properties and use their features. They may also assist us in our analytics activities. These cookies may use non-personal data (e.g., aggregate or de-identified information about your use of the Online Properties) or information that uniquely identifies the browser or device you are using to access the Online Properties.
In addition to the first-party cookies we use, some third-party companies may place cookies on your computer through our Online Properties, access those cookies, and associate web beacons with them. These cookies enable third-party features or functionalities to be provided on or through our Online Properties. The parties that set these third-party cookies can use them to recognize your device both when it visits our Online Properties and also when it visits certain other, unaffiliated websites.
Types of first- and third-party cookies we use
The types of first- and third-party cookies we use on our Online Properties are detailed below. Please note that the specific cookies served to your browser may vary depending on the specific zero2hero you visit. These cookies may use non-personal data (e.g., aggregated or de-identified information about your use of the Online Properties) or information that uniquely identifies the browser or device you are using to access the Online Properties.
- Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with access to and the basic use of our Services or Online Properties, such as access to secure areas and setting your privacy preferences. These cookies cannot be turned off.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Online Properties, but are not required for their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality of the Online Properties may become limited or unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies:These cookies help us understand how our Online Properties are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Sites for you. Thanks to this information, we are able to improve the features offered on our Online Properties.
- Targeting cookies:These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests
- Social Media cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Online Properties through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
- Organiser cookies: Organisers selling tickets to events may use a variety of cookies on our Online Properties, including analytics and customisation cookies, advertising cookies, and social media cookies. They may use these cookies to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services in which you may be interested and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and marketing campaigns. Please note that zero2hero.ltd does not have access to or control the cookies that organisers chose to use.
For more information on how to allow or refuse these various types of cookies, please see “Cookie management” below.
Duration of cookies stored on your device
The duration of storage of cookies on your device may vary, depending on the category to which they belong: temporary or permanent.
We use temporary cookies on our Online Properties to allow you to browse our Online Properties without interruption. We may also use temporary cookies for internal reporting purposes. After your browsing session ends, this type of cookie does not store any information on your hard drive.
Some of our first-party analytics cookies and certain third-party cookies are persistent cookies. They allow us and third parties to understand visitors’ browsing behavior over a longer period of time, to provide you with additional features related to your use of the Online Properties, the content that you have saved or stored through them, as well as for advertising and marketing purposes. Depending on their function, this type of cookie may persist for different lengths of time ranging from several hours to a week, or even several years. This type of cookie will persist after you end a browsing session and can be used by our Online Properties or third parties to recognize your device when you begin a new browsing session.
If you want to control your cookie preferences, please follow the instructions below. Additionally, for United Kingdom zero2hero domains, you have the option to adjust what cookies you allow us to place on your browser through our Cookie Settings tool. You can modify these settings at any time.
Cookies do not read other data on your hard drive, and you can delete them from your computer at any time using browser controls. At the moment, it is technically impossible for you to synchronize your settings between your browsers and your devices (your computer or your smartphone). You must set them on each browser/device that you currently use and each time you use a new browser or device. Please note that if you choose not to allow, or otherwise disable or deactivate all cookies, this will apply to all cookie types and will affect the functionality of our Online Properties. You may not be able to use all Site or Application features, and in some cases, the zero2hero.ltd simply will not perform.
Analytics cookies: To disable all analytics cookies managed by our third-party analytics partners, please use the browser disablement mechanisms discussed immediately above. You can also use the following analytics opt-out mechanisms provided by several of our analytics providers: Adobe, Google Analytics opt out browser add on
Targeting cookies: For more information about tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link,Your Online Choices or to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page. If you do not allow these cookies, you will still see advertisements online, but those advertisements may not be tailored to your interests. You can also disable advertising cookies by using the browser controls explained in “All cookies” above.
How do I block or delete the cookies?
- Chrome: Clear, enable, and manage cookies in Chrome - Computer - Google Chrome Help
- Firefox: Enhanced Tracking Protection in Firefox for desktop | Firefox Help
- Explorer: Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support
- Safari for IOS: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge, browsing data, and privacy
- Opera: Web preferences